The Asian Century Research School Network's goal is to ensure the highest quality of research training on Asia within the Social Sciences and Humanities in the Nordic region.
The ACRSN is envisioned as a “network research school” based on the exchange of teachers, students, and other research resources at a Nordic level. This facilitates a much-needed “critical mass” by creating synergies amongst the scattered Asian studies environments in the region.
The ACRSN strengthens the training of PhD candidates within the social sciences and the humanities. The school will provide value-added advanced training in understanding and analysing contemporary Asia in a historical and comparative perspective and with special reference to political, social, economic, environmental and cultural dynamics and contexts.
ACRSN’s working group
NIAS – Nordic Institute of Asian Studies is coordinating the ACRSN in collaboration with its partners in the NNC. A working group of representatives from all NNC member institutions has been established. The members are
- Director, Professor Thommy Svensson, Swedish School of Advanced Asia Pacific Studies (SSAAPS)
- Lector Sidsel Hansson and Catarina Kinvall, Lund University
- Professor Pamela Price, University of Oslo
- Professor Anne Wedell-Wedellsborg, University of Aarhus
- non for the time being
- Dr. Jørgen Delman, PhD, Director, NIAS
- Katrine Herold, Project coordinator, NIAS